Frequently Asked Questions

What is the process for dealing with complaints about governors? The school’s complaints procedure does not seem to cover this?

Any complaints about governors (not the chair) should be sent to the chair of governors. Complaints about the chair should sent to the Vice-Chair. Section 4 of the Welsh Government guidance refers to Special Circumstances which includes how to deal with complaints about:

  • The headteacher
  • The chair
  • The headteacher and chair of governors
  • The chair and vice-chair
  • A governor or group of governors
  • The whole governing body