Frequently Asked Questions

A parent has made a complaint about a teacher and the headteacher.

The headteacher had written to a parent regarding a comment made to a teacher at the school. The parents have now issued a counter complaint and would like to attend a governing body meeting to discuss.

It would not be appropriate for the parents to meet with the full governing body, as due process has to take place. The chair (or another nominated governor) must deal with this complaint under Stage B of the school’s complaints procedure. If the parents are not happy with the outcome at Stage B, then they can request a meeting with the governing body complaints committee to hear the complaint.