0845 60 20 100
Advice and guidance
Frequently Asked Questions
Appointment of Headteacher
01. Our headteacher has written to the governing body stating their intention to resign. What are the resignation deadline dates?
02. Can the headteacher be involved in the appointment process of their successor?
03. Can teacher and staff governors be members of the selection panel for headteachers and deputy headteachers?
04. One member of the panel is now unavailable on the day of the interviews. Can the governing body appoint another member to the panel?
05. The Acting headteacher has applied for the post of headteacher in the school but does not have the NPQH. Can they be selected for interview and appointed?
Does the acting headteacher assume the role of headteacher governor whilst the headteacher is away from school due to sickness absence or secondment?
How does the governing body appoint the acting headteacher?
Page 1 of 1