0845 60 20 100
Advice and guidance
Frequently Asked Questions
01. What is a complaint?
02. Is it a statutory requirement to have a Complaints Procedure?
03. Where can I find a model complaints policy for governing bodies to adopt?
04. What cannot be dealt with under the complaints procedure?
05. What are the stages in a complaints procedure?
06. Are there any circumstances where the three stage approach is not applicable?
07. Can a governor bring any concerns / issues raised by parents to the headteacher and/or the chair?
08. Does the governing body have to have a committee of governors to deal with complaints?
09. How many governors should make up the committee?
10. Should the membership of the complaints committee be reviewed?
Page 1 of 4