ESDGC Governor Toolkit
The ESDGC Governor Toolkit has been developed by Tracy Evans, ESD Officer at Caerphilly County
Borough Council and Esther Foster, ESDGC Officer at Bridgend County Borough Council, working in partnership with Governors Wales and Governor Support Units and Governors from various local
authorities throughout Wales.
This toolkit has been developed to provide guidance to school governors to enable them to support their schools on Education for Sustainable Development & Global Citizenship (ESDGC).
This toolkit aims to:
- Raise ESDGC profile at governing body level
- Enable governors to think and learn about ESDGC themes in the context of their own school
- Provide 10 ESDGC starting points
- Provide some ESDGC ideas for action
- Help governors understand the issues around ESDGC in their school
- Provide guidance on the Estyn Inspection process
- Provide some simple activities to get governors thinking about ESDGC in their school.
- Raise awareness of the various ESDGC award schemes and initiatives available to schools
- Raise awareness of ESDGC to the governing body
CLICK HERE FOR THE TOOLKIT