Annual Report for the Governors Wales Helpline and Website.
Key trends emerging:
- The total number of queries dealt with has increased by 32% on the previous year.
- Chairs use the service most frequently.
- There was an increase in calls during office hours in March, May, June and July.
- An increase in queries via email.
- Users of the helpline during out of office hours call between 5pm-6pm and 8pm-9pm which suggests prior to or after a governing body meeting.
- Most frequent topics relate to complaints procedures, procedures for meetings / minutes and the appointment of headteacher / deputy headteacher.
- The website has seen an increase of over 6,500 visitors during 2011-2012.
- The Handbook, Guide to the Law, publications and the Quality Mark Bronze Award are the most popular sections.